Healthy And Delicious Vegan Desserts
So, why resist at all?
From chocolate pudding to soft serve, here are few simple, scrumptious recipes to satisfy your cravings. These sweet, sugar-free and jean-friendly vegan treats can be made with only a blender and a fridge. A healthy, tasty, and convenient alternative to the calorie-laden sugar bombs given out during trick-or-treating, these recipes incorporate all natural ingredients that'll do wonders for your waistline.
Indulge in the velvety goodness of chocolate pudding, along with its health benefits.This creamy, chocolatey concoction is full of healthy fats, and provides your body with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6, along with potassium. The steps are so insanely simple, you'll be done in about 10 minutes tops!
Vegan Chocolate Pudding (with avocado)
1/4 C protein powder (optional)
1/4 C coconut or almond milk
1/4 C cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp raw honey
1) Simply place all the ingredients in your blender and blend from 30 seconds to a minute.
2) Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender to make sure the ingredients mix properly.
3) Pour the pudding in a bowl and freeze for a few minutes to give it a thicker consistency.
And voila! Your pudding is ready. You also have the option to sprinkle it with healthy toppings, such as strawberries, almonds, granola, raisins. The possibilities are endless!
Now for the ice cream. It's hard to wrap your mind around, but this delectable dairy-free dessert also packs a punch in the healthy category, brimming with protein, calcium, potassium, and healthy fats.
Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream
2 C organic coconut milk
2 T vanilla
1/2 C of raw honey
1) Place all ingredients together and whisk
2) Put a lid on top of the bowl and freeze in refrigerator
3) Mix together once every hour until you get a thick consistency
4) Add toppings of your choice
Read more about this and other ice-cream recipes here. Pictures of each step are included.
Banana Soft Serve
Indulge in the sweet flavors of a banana-and-almond combo, an experience no one can pass up.
1 frozen banana
2 tsp almond milk
1) Chop banana into 1-inch pieces and put in blender
2) Add almond milk and blend
3) Freeze mixture in refrigerator
4) Add necessary toppings
Gluten Free Vanilla Crème Brulee
This scrumtpious, rich dessert may cause health nuts to be more than a bit skeptical, but be assured because it is a lot healthier than it sounds. With no dairy, gluten, or eggs added, this brulee is a guilt-free and nutritious vegan treat.
2 C raw cashews
4 T maple syrup or agave nectar
2 C water
6 T vanilla custard powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 C coconut sugar
1) Blend all the ingredients, except the sugar in your blender.
2) Pour the mixture into a saucepan and whisk it under low heat.
3) Put the custard mixture back in the blender and blend thoroughly.
4) Put the ramekins in a baking tray.
5) Fill up the ramekins with the custard to ¾ full.
6) Sprinkle the coconut sugar until it covers the ramekin. 7) Place under a hot grill for 5-7 minutes or until browned a little on the top.
Find the recipe here.
Reach Executive Producer Leslie Lee here.