PREVIEW: OohLaLA Music Festival
1. The amazing French DJ's that play electro and old school hip-hop sets to dance to all night
2. The entire French community in LA that comes out of hiding to come together for the event
3. The bragging rights when casually mentioning the French festival the next day to all my jealous American friends! Maybe this year I'll invite them along...
1. Being a French native living in Los Angeles, I've been looking forward to OohLaLA Festival every year since its very first edition. It is some of the best ways to get closer to home for a little bit. In addition, the line up is always so particular that it very much resonates with expats like me. And getting to share this experience with my some of my dearest Angelenos fond of Frenchies is just absolutely magical!
2. I am also very excited to hear some of the best indie-electro-rock music from Paris with Maison Kitsune. They belong to the Parisian nightlife elite and I miss grooving to some of those urban beats.
3. The cherry on the cake will definitely be the infamous M. His shows are always so unpredictable. He is like one of these 3D kids' books where some of the catchiest characters would become personable on stage through his music. I would love to witness again his amazing skills as a guitar player and simply as a performer.
For those of you less familiar with the festival, here's a sampling of some of the acts playing at the El Rey Theatre:
Housse de Racket:
Here's the lineup:
Thursday, 10/11 | El Rey Theatre
“Kitsuné Maison Night”
Housse de Racket
Friday, 10/12 | El Rey Theatre
Saturday, 10/13 | Club Nokia
Get tickets for the festival here.