Not everyone was a looker at this year's Emmy Awards! Neon Tommy rounds up the Worst 5 Dresses of the night:
1. Hayden Panettiere in Marchesa: Gorgeous girl, a mess of a dress. It looks like she got tangled up in a nest of blue tulle while wearing the sparkly nude bodysuit in Britney’s “Toxic” video… what happened?
Photo Courtesy @ETCanada
2. Amanda Peet in Calvin Klein: Yes, the whole appeal of Calvin Klein is his minimalism and his signature simple silhouettes, but this dress is anything but flattering on Peet. The blush lace looks bland rather than feminine on her, and it fades away on her. It begins to look like lingerie, if you stare at it long enough.
Photo Courtesy @CalvinKlein
3. Lena Dunham in Prada: While this dress is gorgeous on the rack, it somehow didn’t translate well on Dunham. She would have looked much better if it was strapless—the sleeves are a little matronly.
Photo Courtesy @JeremyCabalona
4. Elisabeth Moss in Dolce & Gabbana: Florals, ruffles, pleats, peplum, mullet… this dress has everything but the kitchen sink. It’s so busy that you almost don’t realize how gorgeous Moss’ new hair is!
Photo Courtesy @TomandLorenzo
5. Julianna Margulies in Giambattista Valli: This dress is an absolute hit on the runway, but a total miss when worn in real life. The skirt seems to be the problem—it wants to be flowing when really it’s too rigid. Combined with the miniature floral print, this dress is a little excessive!
Photo Courtesy of @GiambattistaValliPR
Didi can be reached here. Follow her on Twitter!