The Most Priceless Insider Fashion Tips Given At The Simply Stylist LA Seminar
At once when we reached the top of the stairs, we found ourselves checking into the Simply Stylist LA event. The event began with a luncheon, then became a seminar with celebrity panelists and worked its way into a shopping event. The panelists consisted of…
-Brenna Egan, USC graduate and former employee at Vogue, OK!, and Hollywood Life, and current L.A editor of Refinery29.com.
-Jaime Krell, from E! Entertainment and the Style Network
-Kym & Alexis McClay, the creative minds behind the gorgeous Naven fashion line
-Jeanne Yang, one of Hollywood’s top stylists, who has worked with GQ, InStyle, Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone, Vogue, Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves, Christian Bale, Katie Holmes, George Clooney and Robert Downey Jr.
-Shea Marie, founder of fashion blog Cheyenne Meets Chanel
..and was hosted by Catt Sandler, an Emmy-winning journalist and E! News staple. During the event, the exquisitely-dressed audience tweeted their questions to @_simplystylist, and a flood of invaluable information was unleashed.
Of the answers given, Neon Tommy found the following to be the most helpful.
- To be truly fashionable, pay more attention to what fits you well, reflects your inner style, and makes you feel great. This is more important than simply following trends.
- If you want to splurge on one item, have it be an accessory.
- The most important and valuable pieces in your closet are the ones that you will wear again and again.
- Fashion is not about the major that you choose in college, but your work ethic. If you are willing to work hard, you are 99% of the way there.
- Though, if you are choosing a major, Marketing and Communication are good choices.
- If you are looking to start your own blog, be consistent. Take pictures every day.
- Be able to reference art to succeed in the fashion world.
- To become a stylist, train your eye. Read magazines, look at blogs...do anything that will help you to know what looks good!
Simply Stylist will be hosting a seminar in New York City as well. For any young fashionista trying to figure it all out, this event is a must.
-Reach Allison Selick here