Transitioning From Summer to Fall: Key Wardrobe Staples And Suggestions
Every fashionista has a hard time transitioning from one season to the next. When is it appropriate to wear that new leather blazer? Is summer to far gone, or can I still wear those white jeans?
Here are a few simple suggestions on how to wear staple, warm-weather pieces with heavier winter items while in seasonal transition.
1. Wear any little white dress with wool cardigans, blazers, tights, knee highs, scarves, denim jackets or boots. This makes a breezy, summery piece a bit denser and more fall-appropriate.
2. Summer leather can be worn with chunky knits, collared shirts, blazers, ballet flats and chunky jewelry, doing the opposite and lightening a few winter wardrobe staples.
3. Any summer prints can be worn with tights, leggings, boots or cropped jackets to downplay their airiness. Polka dot blouses, for instance, look great when matched with a leather jacket and a great striped tee can be paired with a wool blazer.
4. Don't think the beginning of fall means the end of color! Wear bright jackets, jeans, sweaters, vests, t-shirts...the list goes on and on.
5. Layering is key when in-between seasons. Wear sheer long-sleve shirts over printed tanks and vise-versa. Thigh-high socks can be layered with peep toe shoes and a simple leather or jean vest looks great thrown over a simple t-shirt.
So if the weather starts cooling down, don't think that means that it's time to put away the summer clothes. Any piece can be worn during any season, it's just a matter of mixing and matching.
Reach Reporter Paige Garrett here.
Best way to find more great content from Neon Tommy?
Or join our email list below to enjoy Neon Tommy News Alerts.