Top 5 Jokes From The Oscars
The jokes from Sunday’s Academy Awards ceremony can be summed up in one word: lackluster. Yet, even shows that are lacking in humor can have a few comedic exceptions.
- The show began with a pre-taped parody of “Inception” that turned out to be more confusing than amusing. The best part, however, was when host James Franco fell into a scene of “True Grit.”
(Franco to Jeff Bridges): “I liked you in Tron…and in this movie.”
- One of the only highlights from the opening monologue was when host Anne Hathaway addressed her snub from the Academy for her revealing role in “Love and Other Drugs.”
(Hathaway): “It used to be that when you get naked, you got nominated.”
- Unsurprisingly, Hathaway showcased her feelings about the ceremony, as well as her vibrato, by belting to the tune of Les Miserables' “On My Own.” Surprisingly, however, some of the lines were actually pretty funny. This was what she had to say about her missing duet partner:
“Someone is a Hugh Jackass, I won't say who…but Australians are our allies.”
- Of course, no awards ceremony would be complete without a reference to a newsworthy celebrity and the man of the hour was none other than the nut job known as Charlie Sheen. This time, Franco indirectly commented on Sheen’s behavior by coming out on stage dressed in drag:
“The weird part is that I just got a text from Charlie Sheen."
- The most charming and entertaining presenter of the night was "Miss Congeniality" herself. Sandra Bullock delivered some of the most humorous lines when she was speaking about the Best Actor nominees. So, can Sandy host the show next year?
“Jarvier Bardem, when you were in 'No Country for Old Men,' you scared the whole world…with your haircut.”
“James, you have so famously played icons such as James Dean and Allen Ginsberg, but forget all that—you are the number one reason children get picked up late. Because their mothers are too busy watching you on General Hospital.”
Reach Candice here.