Madison’s Juicy Sports Stories, Featuring Mark Sanchez's Rumored Underage Dalliance
1. Mark Sanchez can play the field in all ways, but he apparently likes them young. According to Terez Owens a friend of a 17-year-old girl is claiming that her friend slept at Sanchez’s house a few weeks ago. The catch, no pun intended, is that she lied about her age to the star quarterback. The lawyers of the girl in question have issued a warning that anyone who publishes pictures of her in connection with Sanchez will be subject to legal action.
2. Orlando Magic guard Gilbert Arenas has had a rough go of things the past year. In January of 2010 he was suspended for the duration of the season for bringing guns into the locker room. He just got served and it wasn’t in a dancing movie featuring B2K. He received a subpoena while walking back to the locker room during halftime of the Magic game last Thursday.
Arenas was served by a process server with child support and custody papers by his ex-girlfriend, Laura Govan. The court documents were a California petition seeking custody and child support for three children that Arenas allegedly fathered. It was reported that Arenas financially cut Govan off a few months ago and was ignoring her. The court date for the case has been set for March 8 in Los Angeles.
3. It has been hard not to notice Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz’s relationship. They have been spotted jet setting around the world, hitting up Paris and now the Super Bowl. I don’t think anyone could miss the two feeding one another on the jumbotron at the game either. Once you start feeding each other marriage is not too far off -- guess A-Rod’s single life is now also in the record books.
4. Minnesota Vikings defensive rookie, and USC alum, Everson Griffen was arrested twice in 72 hours last week. The first time for being drunk in public, the second for allegedly assaulting an officer after refusing to cooperate during a routine traffic stop.
Some take advantage of Super Bowl weekend to fly to the host city and participate in Super Bowl festivities and hang with other players, but Griffen went in a different direction. He organized a trip to bus it to Vegas, inviting a handful of current USC players. He set up a Facebook page with a message: “Hello Fbook friends, this your guy that went to jail twice in 72 hours. However, I’m a free man. On Saturday I got out in 8 hours and also Monday. That’s besides the point I want to take you on a vacation of your lifetime. Here is the plan you pay me 100 bucks for room, breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the suites. Buses will be leaving Friday,1st bus leaves @ noon,2nd bus @ 5pm and last bus leaves @ 9pm .full bar on each bus …you miss the bus, no Vegas.”
USC administrators played the role of party pooper and banned all USC football players and athletes from going. The NFL then shut down the trip entirely, claiming it had received too much attention from the media. Maybe Griffen can get one of his new bunkmates to go with him.
5. All of those men and women who get a guilty pleasure fix from BRAVO’s Real Housewives series have something to be excited about. The housewives series is making another stop, this time in hot and sultry Miami and it will be featuring Scottie Pippen’s wife, Larsa. According to Baller Wives, Pippen was originally against the idea of his wife being on the show, but he is now more open to the idea -- anything to make his lady happy. Glen Rice’s ex-wife Cristy will also be featured on the show. Real Housewives of Miami premieres Feb. 22 on Bravo. Is this VH1’s Basketball Wives? If so I want some Evelyn Lozada!
To reach Madison Besser, click here.