Top 5 L.A. Coffee Shops
403 N Larchmont Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90004
• Hooray for being independently owned!
• A very warm atmosphere
• A great place to come study and read as they have plenty of tables and chairs inside and outside (even a designated "quiet area" upstairs!)
• Free wifi
• A wide selection of pastries from red velvet cupcakes to scones
• They even have a lunch menu with a variety of sandwiches (i.e. Caprese, Turkey/Pesto/Mozzarella Panini, Bacon/Lettuce/Avocado/Tomato) Yum!
• Assorted Teas and Espresso/Coffee
2. Swork Coffee
2160 Colorado Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90041
• A very hip and modern take on the traditional coffee shop with its red brick walls and portrait decor
• Free wifi w/ purchase
• plenty of seating
• Wide selection of drinks that are/aren't caffeinated
• Delicious specialty coffees they like to call "Sworkuccinos"
• My personal favorite: Eagle Roca Sworkuccino (Gourmet vanilla and chocolate, toffee bits, espresso, milk and ice with whip cream, chocolate shavings and chopped almonds) DE-LI-CIOUS!
3. Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea
3922 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90029
• A Chai fan? Their Chai Tea Latte is heaven in a mug sprinkled with some angel dust. Seriously.
• The selection is simple and straightforward, perfect for the basic coffee and tea fan
• Located in the heart of hipster town a.k.a Silverlake
4. Groundwork Coffee Company
1501 Cahuenga Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90028
• A wide range of coffees and teas for the traditional drinker
• They even offer fair trade and organic choices for those who are "green"-concious
• Urban, slightly unfinished feel
• Seating is limited
5. Stir Crazy Coffee Shop
6903 Melrose Ave Los Angeles, CA 90038
• Basic, but solid selection of coffee and tea
• Free wifi
• Sandwiches available
• Plenty of seating
• The atmosphere is a bit gritty, but it's part of the "Crazy" charm
Reach staff reporter Julie Tong here.